Here’s an online map of public radio stations across the United States. Created by Seattle-based photographer and designer Andrew Filer, it shows the broadcast range of every American public radio station—and not just NPR affiliates, but classical, pop, and other non-profit broadcasters.
Read more. [Image: Andrew Filer]
1. Contrary to popular belief, waking up early isn’t going to drastically alter your life or effect how you’re feeling. So sleep till noon and relish in the way laying in bed all day makes you feel a little more human.
2. Drinking your coffee ‘black’ doesn’t make you cooler or more sophisticated than the rest of us who load in milk and sugar.
3. Being unimpressed by everything makes you look like a twat. Get excited, be overly passionate about something. Enthusiasm is fun.
4. Hating yourself isn’t romantic.
5. Eat whatever you want. your friend’s a vegan? Awesome. Listen to her talk about how great she feels because of it while you tuck in to some chocolate cake. Tell her you feel just as great.
More Reminders- Charlotte Geier (via thewastedgeneration)
Amir Safi - “Brown Boy. White House.” (NPS 2013)
"A boy approaches me in a high school hallway and says, If you were from Afghanistan, I’d beat your ass. The three words I should’ve said were, I love you. Instead, I said, Wish you would.”
Performing during semifinals at the 2013 National Poetry Slam.
This is really moving.